Monday, February 3, 2014

Answers to prayer

God has been showering encouragement again today! 


First, Aimee from the Bith hands organization checked in on us and said we had been on her mind the past few days and she has been praying for us. 


Then, I got a snail mail note from my good friend Xia who moved to South Korea a year ago. That was especially meaningful because she went to the triuble to snail mail it so far just to encourage me on this journey. It was a simple note with a verses of encouragement about God being with me. Simple, but just what I needed. 


Finally, Aimee responded to the email I sent her telling of all we have been battering with health since Saturday and she sent me the following Battlefield Manifesto. I am including it here because it may help some of you with your battle. Our health battles continued yesterday and this morning, but all seemed to break after some good time in the prayer closet crying out to Jesus for healing and mercy after Jackson woke up throwing up at 5 am this morning. After that prayer time, I felt stronge enough to go to work today after a weekend of feeling really bad. Matthew got to the dentist today and had an immediate root canal. No fun, but it happens. We are thankful he could get what he needed and he will fell better in a few days. Please continue to pray for us daily. This is not an easy journey, but it is so worth it all to walk with God through it all!


A Battlefield Manifesto

By Bo Stern


Battles Bring Increase:  A Personal Manifesto for becoming Bigger on the Fighting Field 


Though I may suffer loss, I will not be diminished.  (Jeremiah 29:6; I Samuel 30:18-19)

 


My commander is the God who wins.  Always.  And with Him, I will win.  Always.  (I John 5:4-5; Romans 8:37-39)

 


I will grow by keeping a soft heart in hard times.   (Ezekiel 36:26-30)

 


I will grow in faith, knowing that the enemy can declare war, but he cannot decide the outcome.  (I John 5:19-20; Revelation 12:10-12)

 


I will see exponential increase by loving others well during battle – even when loving well seems very difficult.  (I John 4:12; Proverbs 17:17)

 


I will remember that a battle that ends in physical death gives birth to the victory that is REAL life.  (I John 2:17;  Philippians 1:21)

 


I will give myself permission to fully experience and express both joy and sorrow as I move through this battle, knowing that He is near to the brokenhearted and He came to bring fullness of joy. (Psalm 34:18;  Psalm 16:11; Neh 8:9-12)

 


On the hardest days, I will trust Him to be the lifter of my head, my light and my salvation. (Psalm 3:3; Psalm 27:1)

 


I will seek to know His strategy for my fight so that I can walk in clarity and joyful obedience. (Psalm 119:32-33; I Samuel 30:8-9)

 


I will live in peace with the mystery when all His ways cannot be known, understanding that He has already been to every minute and eternity will tell the whole story.  (Isaiah 42:9; Jeremiah 29:11)

 


I will keep the borders of my life secure by showing no mercy to marauders – things and thoughts that would steal joy, peace, hope, security. (Judges 6:3-6; Song of Solomon 2:15)

 


I will teach these things to my children – with my words and with my life – because they are fighters too.  (Psalm 78:4-7)


Reference- http://www.bostern.com/blog/2011/11/22/a-battlefield-manifesto/


No comments:

Post a Comment