Sunday, December 15, 2013

Angels with skin on

A Big Thank You to my Daddy God and some of His angels with skin on.




This week has been a difficult one for me. I think mental, physical, and emotional exhaustion all came at once.

Adopting a child is hard. 
Adopting a child via fundraising is harder. 
It is humbling and exhausting.

Why do it, you may ask? 
Because God told us to. So, we will be obedient. He told me in the beginning days of this journey He wanted as many people to know about this as possible, because He wants to give the most people possible the opportunity to join Him in what He is doing in the world. 

He wants to BLESS US!! 
He wants to BLESS YOU!! 
He wants to BLESS MICHAL!!

He is a God of great love and comfort and provision. 
He is compassionate.

Psalm 116:5

New International Version (NIV)
The Lord is gracious and righteous;our God is full of compassion.


Psalm 145:9

New International Version (NIV)

The Lord is good to all;he has compassion on all he has made.

He saw my tears this week. 
He knew the days I was so weak, I didn't feel I could keep going. 
He knew when I was hiding under my covers. 
He could see me there when no one else could. 

He met me there. He wiped my tears and held me tight! 
He reminded me how important it is to open His word and DIG DEEP. 

He sent Angels to me. Angels with skin on. He sent Terri & Jason Rockwell and Becky Foxworth to pray over me and to take the burden out of my hands and lift it all the way to the very throne room of my Heavenly father. They lifted me up when my prayers alone were not enough. They joined me in the spiritual battle that is raging. I walked out onto the lawn at our church's Live Nativity with the weight of the world on my shoulders, and left there light and refreshed. Becky spoke the words of peace from the Lord that, "After you run a race, you are tired". I needed to hear that, because I was exhausted after all the preparation, planning, and all that went into the auction last Tuesday night. I was beating myself up, because I have always been told that if you serve the Lord in His strength you won't be tired, weak, and weary. Her words rang in my spirit as truth!! God's healing truth.

Then for a bonus, He sent Lisa Toub. The sweetest woman. She is walking a similar path beside me. She has become a foster mom, and so she knows  the joys and struggles of waiting for a child God allows you to parent that is not born from your womb. 

As much as I would like to say after Wednesday night, I continued to skip on sunshine. . .I can't. I ended up hiding under the covers again Friday afternoon, and then I needed another dose of encouragement sent via Ame Lane Sunday morning. 
Click the link to hear this BEAUTIFUL, OLDER SONG BUT OH SO GOOD!
 Angels Among Us by Alabama
I am so thankful for my friends that are FILLED with the HOLY SPIRIT. I am so thankful they SEEK God. They open themselves up to hear from Him and they are willing to share truths from His word and truths He speaks to their heart in the moment they pray!! 

It is awesome to walk with God. 
His love is AMAZING. 
There are no words! 
It is amazing how you can form a friendship with someone who is filled with the Holy Spirit in an INSTANT! 
I am a person that generally makes friends slowly. It generally takes years, but then there are times I meet someone who loves Christ with ALL their heart, and I feel closer to them than I feel to people I have known for years. 
That is how the family of God works! 

Thank you for my Sycamore Church Family!

Dear God,
Please bless my friends! Thank you for these angels you sent! Thank you for sending them just in time!
I praise you Father!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment