Saturday, November 8, 2014

Paperwork ducks are lining up!

Today we got two brand-new passports freshly up-to-date!
And our invitation to go to Charleston to be re-fingerprinted to update our I-800 A for the Department of Homeland Security arrived today!



Our I-800 should be here in a week!



I-800: general permision from the department of homeland security for any orphan to be brought into country. 

I-800: is permission for a specific child to be brought in to the country.


You must file the I-800a first, get approval and then you can file the I-800 at the appropriate time in your adoption process. 


This process has been extra confusing for us, because we got our original1-800 A 15 months ago, but because it's took so long to be matched with Michal, we had to update our I-800 A. Simultaneously, we were matched with Michal and moving towards travel, sowe have   applied for our I-800 at the same time. Tricky, but it seems to be lining up exactly right!


So, in short, all of these paperwork ducks are lining up! Travel approval (AKA: TA) Will be here before we know it! That is when China will give us permission to travel to China to get Michal, and we will finally know the dates of our travel specifically!

No comments:

Post a Comment